Last day at work

8/13/2009

Wow! Two weeks can be forever... or no time at all.

It's been two weeks since I've posted here. In that time, I've finished up all my paperwork getting ready to go to Daejeon. What kind of paperwork? Glad you asked! I had to have "true and exact" copies of my diplomas. This meant taking copies of my diplomas to the local bank to have them stamped and notarized. I also had to have a notarized copy of a criminial background check. The fact that all these documents are notarized isn't sufficient however. Each document then had to be taken to the Clerk of the Court in the county in which they were notarized so that the County Clerk can verify that the notary is indeed and authorized to notarized them.

BUT... that's not sufficient either, so I then had to drive all the paperwork to Nashville so that the Secretary of State's office could issue an apostille-- which is a document verifying that the Clerk of the Court is indeed authorized to verify that the notary is authorized to notarize the documents. Exhausted yet?

Well, all that was done and sent off to Korea. Immigration in Korea then issued me a visa number... but don't confuse that with actually having a visa. That won't be issued until I go to the Korean Consulate in Atlanta for a face to face interview (which is set up for a week from now). Once I do that, then I'm good to go...

In the meantime, today's my last day working at the college. I'm getting all my stuff gathered up, pictures taken down off the wall in my office,etc. It's kind of a weird day. On the one hand, I'm excited. On the other hand, any time a phase of one's life comes to closure there's always a certain amount of sadness that goes with that.

And so... another phase begins....

2 comments:

Unknown August 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Hi there Rick, I stumbled upon your blog through Google Blogsearch. I'm also moving to Daejeon very soon, so I'll probably keep tabs on your blog to see if I can pick up any tips. Good luck!
-Henry

Rick's in Korea August 20, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

Hey Henry...

I hope the blog's helpful to you. If you have any specific questions, just ask. I'll answer as best as I can.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Rick is an English teacher currently living and working in Seoul, South Korea. If you have any questions about life in Korea, feel free to email: ricksinkorea@yahoo.com

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP