Happy (belated) Chuseok

10/11/2009

Well, it's been about a week and half since I posted here... time really gets messed up over here.

First, Happy Chuseok everybody (a week late). Chuseok is kind of the Korean equivalent of Thanksgiving. Instead of turkey you eat Songpyeon which are made from rice stuffed with stuff (like sweet potato or sesame seeds).

Photobucket

Photobucket

The owner of Chung Dahm gave all of the staff 2 bottles of wine apiece as Chuseok presents and I bought myself a couple of asian pears on the way home from work, so I was all set!

Photobucket

Chuseok is set on the lunar calendar so it's always during the fall harvest moon. The view was incredible:

Photobucket

Thought I throw up a few more random pics from life here:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On a different note: I saw this on another teacher's blog labelled "My Life in Korea in 14 Seconds" and after cracking up laughing couldn't resist putting it here:

2 comments:

Unknown October 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Haha, thanks for the shout out!
BTW, maybe you figured this out already, but my trick for getting home by taxi is having my location written on a piece of paper in my wallet. I just hand it to them, they hand it back and take me there. It's worked every time so far!

Unknown October 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Oh, and just to clarify, I have it written out in Korean (I got a co-worker to write it out).

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Rick is an English teacher currently living and working in Seoul, South Korea. If you have any questions about life in Korea, feel free to email: ricksinkorea@yahoo.com

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP