Thanksgiving in Korea

11/29/2009

A group of the American teachers got together at my apartment this week to celebrate Thanksgiving.

We had to substitute a couple of roasted chickens for the turkey... since you apparently can't find a turkey anywhere in korea... but other than that we had a pretty traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner.

Photobucket

We had a really good time... and of course we ate waaaaay too much.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We had a good time sharing our family holiday traditions.... for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, we had to go to work after since Thanksgiving isn't a Korean holiday... but oh, well...


Oh... and yes, that is my new sofa you see in the pictures!

Photobucket

It was delivered about 11am on Thanksgiving day... just in time for everyone to break it in! And it's exactly what I wanted... 'except I didn't realize how low to the ground it would be. I forgot how short Asian furniture is. Because of the heated floors, they like to be down low. But, that aside, I think I did a great job for my first online purchase in Korea

Of course, now I've got to get the other moved out so that you actually have room to move around the apartment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Rick is an English teacher currently living and working in Seoul, South Korea. If you have any questions about life in Korea, feel free to email: ricksinkorea@yahoo.com

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP